A Supper Club of four couples who get together once a month for a collaborative dinner.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Adventure Continues

I don't have a clue how to get a picture from my phone to my computer, much less a full video shot so hats off to Fred for getting these permanent records of the bachanalia (sp) of spring.

Just like the stuff we left behind, it occurs to me that after putting the hard boiled egg on top of the asparagus, I neglected the fresh ground pepper and the grated cheese. Then I left them at Jan's. Imagine if you will the fresh roasted asparagus flavor with a little added pepper and grated asiago.

I hope no one is tired of asparagus but if next month mine is up, you are getting it again. I promise the flavor and texture will be so different that you won't mind.

Thank you Jan and Ron for a delightful way to usher in spring, champagne, Ian's beer, and the jambalaya was a great taste. I'm still using Emeril's hot spice that you gave us. The maple syrup didn't last through next morning's French Toast breakfast with Ian and Rachel. It was worth it.

By the way, Rachel saw (and touched!) her first live, in the wild snake Sunday. This little supper club expands everyone's horizons.

The road trip that is being discussed sounds like fun. We could rent a big van, split the cost, designate a driver and head for the wineries of New York, the breweries of Milwaukee, the distilleries of Scotland, the morel fields of Michigan. Lobsters in Maine (somebody stop me) Yikes.

Hope to see one or two or all of you at the gig Saturday night with David and the Journalism club at the Brown Hotel, and the same goes for in between get togethers for any reason.

Bob and Vera

1 comment:

  1. Tired of asparagus? Never, Never- Are you crazy? A rhetorical question- we all know.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors