A Supper Club of four couples who get together once a month for a collaborative dinner.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thai ing one on

Yep- I knew I would be the first one to have time to blog about our latest dining adventure what with Fred and Rita having "guest speakers" in from New Hampshire including the most spry 92 year old I've ever seen, and Barb having to deliver her son to an airplane this morning(which has got to be a very hard thing to do.) Cosmic Spatula expanded to 14 for the April meeting!
The most amazing thing, aside from another round of FABULOUS food, was that we all arrived actually at precisely at 6:00. I'll probably never get over that. Especially when we have a half hour window. I wanted to get there on time as I was in the appetizer category. It was cool with a chance of rain so our hoped for outdoor appetizers were not practical. Therefore, my Chicken Satay (Thai grilled chicken on a skewer) became Thai- spear 'em with a toothpick- chicken Mcnuggets. But we might have hit upon something there. Think you could even use it as a main course.
I was sure that sometime during the "first round" of couples there would have to be some food failure or at least some food that was just okay. BUT NO. The bar is now raised soooo high! I'll let Rita, our official recording secretary, put in the entire menu. But I've got to get the recipe for Rita's seafood curry which was just right. Curried stuff can get overwhelming, but this was perfection.
Authentic spring rolls- healthy; the salad so pretty with the beets and mango-need the salad dressing recipe too; never tire of asparagus; and Bob has a new appreciation of coconut. I'll tell you what- that Ben sure can fry a banana. Not to mention that he can sure play a guitar too. It's not too many groups that are fortunate enough to have the kind of after dinner entertainment that this group can provide.
So onward toward summer and the opportunities and challenges that will present. The road trip is still up for discussion, and the suggestion to postpone the group for the summer was soundly voted down. Guess I'll just be forced to have more fun and food frolic. Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Oooops. Didn't refresh my screen from yesterday's post. Should have known I couldn't beat Fred. Great job on the pictures. But who can get up that early? Not human. And what happened to my paragraphs? Computers kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad dressing:
    Show up with nothing but a mango and apple cider vinegar and a lemon.
    Ask your host to clip some fresh herbs growing right outside of her back door.
    Throw these ingredients into a blender, add a little borrowed olive oil, curry powder, and magic.
    Seemed to work out alright.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors