A Supper Club of four couples who get together once a month for a collaborative dinner.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Why do we cook?

My my my what clever folks we have entertaining us. A poem, with wonderful rhyming and a perfect capture of the feeling of the evening. I love you guys.

Many thanks for indulging the musicians because we love to sing, and play.

We want to especially thank you all for welcoming Ian into our lives. He is gearing up for better culinary contributions and his visits with Rowan are especially important to us. At this time if I may speak for him, he gets a lot out of seeing us all and hearing our stories.

The question I pose, is not really to be answered literally, but it brings to mind to me the extraordinary feeling of being with good friends, and sharing our contributions as a priceless gift to each other. That is why I cook. And to show off of course. So, how did you get into cooking?


I know that we are inspired to write and contribute after each event but I would welcome interim visits with recipes, events, thoughts and life observations. We are all reaching that wonderful age where we have all learned everything that needs to be learned and willing and able to share our wisdom with the world. (wow what a crock! OK that was over the top and total BS, we are still trying to figure it all out, aren't we?)

Anyway, didn't mean to get overly heavy but it would be nice if this forum could be more than just reporting on the most recent dinner. So what have you done for yourself (or your partner) fantastic lately?

Also, recipes anyone? Here is the link to "Coeur a la creme" Coeur a la Creme with Raspberry and Grand Marnier Sauce Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

Bob and Vera

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you. I started a philosphical reply to this comment and was about half way through when the power went out. I think it was fate telling me I have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors