A Supper Club of four couples who get together once a month for a collaborative dinner.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Better late than never??

Figured I'd better get my two cents worth in about the last Spatula before we moved on. Hopefully we can count on Fred, our own paparazzo, but where has everyone been? Personally I fogot my password. I know that Tim & Barb have bigger fish to fry, but I thought that Bob had enough frivolity in his system that he would not abandon us even though he has his very own blog now.
The last event was quite special as Tim and Barb took the plunge. The group was enlarged with special family and friends. Fizzy drinks with sugar on the rim and home made maraschino cherries were served by Barb's niece and husband from Pittsbugh along with ceviche. So advanced. I didn't even recognize Tim's brother, Jeff for about 15 minutes. White hair does become him. The table out on the deck looked like a picture from Gourmet Magazine. And to think I often wondered, "Who are those people?"
It was very hot and sunny, but Rita was so kind as to be late so that the sun went down exactly on cue as we sat down to enjoy our repast. Thanks Rita. Also all lateness was forgiven as when she did arrive she was accompanied by a WONDERFUL tomato pie, a gorgeous cake with chocolate icing and ganache and an equally gorgeous daughter.
The main course was a wonderful filet with a "slightly reduced" reduction. Aside from the temptations mentioned above there were garlic mashed potatoes, a wonderful green bean almondine (I love friends with gardens) and a Waldorf salad that Ron and Jeff couldn't help pretending was part of the appetizers. Thanks to one and all.
I don't mind bragging that we finished every bottle of wine in the joint. Well- we had to toast didn't we? The ceremony was inspiring and Libby's poem brought tears to every eye.
This was also the debut of Bob and Vera's exchange student, Guzya. I'm sure you will hear more about her as she will be spending a year with "the hippies." So thanks to one and all- You know who you are and how special you are......

1 comment:

Followers

Contributors